Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Do Children See Guardian Angels As Imaginary Playmates?

Most children have imaginary playmates. I believe some really see them and that these entities are their guardian angels. I found this article on ezinearticles.com and decided to share it with you.

Marie watched her five-year-old daughter as she flew high in the air, feet pumping to get more leverage from the rope swing that was tied securely on the big old oak tree limb at the back of the yard. "Don't go so high, Carol!" she called out. Carol laughed happily and said, "Its okay, Mommy. The big man is pushing me. He won't let me fall!"

"Well, tell him to slow down!" her mother responded, laughing. Her daughter's imaginary friend was always taking care of her, it seemed. She watched as Carol stopped pumping and gradually slowed down to a safe swinging speed. In a few minutes Carol stopped and jumped off the swing's seat. "Now, that was fun!" she exclaimed, turning around to look up at the invisible person behind the swing, bobbing her head to emphasize her words. Marie shook her head and went back into the house. She could tell it would be a day of imagination for Carol.

Years later as Carol recalled the incident she said, "I remember talking to my invisible friend a lot when I was a child. I would sit on that swing and he would push me."

"Did he really push you?" I asked her.

Carol laughed. "Well, something pushed me! I could feel the swing being pushed. I would sing and swing and I would hear him singing with me. I felt so safe. Somehow, I was aware that I was the only person who could see him. Mom never discouraged me but she laughed at me a lot and shook her head in disbelief. Then, one day, he was gone. I guess I grew up."

Today, Carol believes the "big man" was her guardian angel.

Do children really have guardian angels? It is a belief held by many people that seems to be substantiated by Scripture. "See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you, that their angels in heaven continually behold the face of My Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 18:10)

A friend related to me the story of her nephew, Billy, aged 5, who fell from the second story on a construction site and landed on his head, a fall that could have resulted in totally debilitating, if not fatal results. Young Billy kept saying, "the big man caught me" and, to this day, will tell you that a big man kept his head from smashing into the concrete floor.

Was young Billy's "big man" his guardian angel? The now adult Billy believes he was.

Why do many children see angels while most adults do not? It is a question that has no objective answer. Some believe that only those who are "innocent" see angels, citing that as children our minds are open and more receptive to spiritual matters and that as we age we begin to be programmed to believe in only what we can see, touch, hear and taste. Some believe it is simply the growing up process and is all a figment of a child's fertile imagination that must mature along with his/her body. The reasoning is that as they mature children no longer live in a fantasy world of the imagination, thus, the angels (or other imaginary friends) cease to exist.

The question of guardian angels is one that can only be answered subjectively, based upon one's own belief system or experiences. If one believes in the Bible he accepts the existence of angels as fact. If one does not believe in the Bible, but has seen an angel, that person will also believe in the existence of angels. Those who do not believe usually say they will believe in angels if they should ever see an angel face to face.

Whether we believe it or not there are thousands of people who can recount experiences with angelic beings and who strongly believe that each of us has a guardian angel from the day we are born until the day we die. To learn more about guardian angels and their existence, please click on the link below.

Do Guardian Angels Really Exist? For more angel stories and interesting information about angels visit http://www.ibelieveinangels.com/Angel-Stories/

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Linda_Van_Fleet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would like to personally respond to your comment. I will post it as soon as I can review it.