Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Children's Authors Unite!

One of the great things about being an author is sharing our books with other readers. Another fun thing is networking with fellow authors–especially those who write in the same genre as I do. Well, as a ghostwriter and editor I work in multiple genres, but in this case I'm referring to authors of children's books. I've networked with Barbara Techel, Rachelle Burk, Dianne De Las Casas, and Dawn Menge for a while now, but recently my poet friend Irene Brodsky has turned into a double-genre author and joined our network of children's authors with her new book, The Adventures of Silly Kitty, Princess Jasmine, and First Puppy.

Irene sent me her book and it arrived the day before I was ready to leave for vacation. I was going to see my grandchildren in South Carolina so I put the book in my luggage and took it with me. When I showed the book to Mac and Keilie, they were happy to sit down and read it with me. Eight-year-old Keilie even drew a couple of pictures of Princess Jasmine. I'd like to share them with you.





Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

  1. I am SO surprised!! Thank you VonVon! ♥ Keilie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a great job on the pictures. I was very proud of you and had to share your wonderful talent. Irene, the author of the book, was also thrilled with the pictures. You really touched her heart and made her happy--just like you make me happy, Keilie. I love you!

    Von-Von

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear yvonne and keilie
    I love both of you THIS MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW Irene Brodsky is Campus Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yvonne, it's been an honor to be part of your critique class!
    Rachelle
    Critique and Editing for Children's Writers: www.witsforkidswritercritiques.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by Irene and Rachelle. So glad to have you in my life. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I would like to personally respond to your comment. I will post it as soon as I can review it.