Monday, April 5, 2010

A Story for Kids (and Adults) Who Love Fairies

The Sid Series ~ A Collection of Holistic Stories for Children is a book of 12 body-mind-spirit stories that focus on life skills such as overcoming fear, helping others, being true to one’s self, following inner guidance, caring for the body, having self-worth, appreciating diversity, dealing with change, accepting death, being environmentally conscious, and using spiritual gifts.


“Sid’s Fairy” is the first story I wrote for The Sid Series. I completed it and two other stories: “The Pirate’s Treasure” and “A Stormy Adventure” when my grandson, Sidney, was about three years old. I read these stories to him over and over when he was young, and when he started school, he took the printed books to kindergarten and had the teacher read them to the class. They loved the books and Sidney was thrilled to be able to share the books he cherished. The next year, he donated the first three books to his school’s library.

My granddaughter, Keilie, is also fond of fairies. She and I have created several fairy houses and left many gifts for the fairies in my mandala garden (see photo). You can understand why this sweet story about meditation and interacting with the elemental kingdom has a special place in my heart as well as my writing portfolio.

As a thank you for visiting this blog today, I would like to share a reading of Sid’s Fairy. Simply click the small arrow to listen to the story.



MP3 File

Yvonne Perry
ISBN 978-0982572207
52 full-color pages
Write On! Publishing, 2009
~~~~~~~~~
Yvonne Perry is a freelance writer and editor, award-winning Amazon.com bestselling author, podcast host, blogger extraordinaire, newsletter publisher, Internet marketing guru, and an outstanding keynote speaker. She is a graduate of American Institute of Holistic Theology where she earned a Bachelor of Science in Metaphysics.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would like to personally respond to your comment. I will post it as soon as I can review it.