Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Crystal Kid Behind the Inspiration for The Sid Series

The Sid Series ~ A Collection of Holistic Stories for Children is a book that contains twelve character-building stories that will especially appeal to children who are raised in a spiritually-open and accepting environment. The titles of the stories in the book are as follows:

  • Sid’s Fairy which teaches listening to Inner Guidance
  • A Stormy Adventure is about Facing the Fear of Storms
  • The Pirate’s Treasure helps children find Treasure Within themselves
  • You Can Be! Is about Understanding Destiny and Making Choices
  • Ask Your Body teaches children to intuitively listen to their Body and provide for its Needs
  • A Ghost in My Closet is about Communicating with Angels
  • A Powerful Potion is a story about how my grandson healed his puppy’s leg using a magic potion and the Power of Imagination
  • My Friend’s Skin is all about Accepting and Appreciating Diversity
  • Puppy Love ~ Deals with the Death of a Pet
  • Old Things New teaches the importance of Recycling
  • Always Be Honest is about Learning to Tell the Truth
  • Making Room for Brother is one of my favorites because it tells the story of how Sid’s parents helped him cope with changing Family dynamics when the new baby Jonas (my grandson) was added to the family. Sid had been an only child until he was eight years old. This was quite and adjustment for him, but he came through with remarkable understanding. In fact, Sid spent last weekend with me. When I took him home yesterday he was ready to hold his baby brother! Of course, Jonas’s little face lit up when he was big brother Sidney.
Q: What inspired you to write this book?
A: My grandson, Sidney, is the main character in each of the stories. I started writing about things I did with Sid when he was about three years old. I kept adding to the series and soon had a collection. I decided to publish the book this year now that I’ve complete 12 holistic stories that Sid and I want to share with boys and girls everywhere.

The book is all about Sidney, yet the stories and illustrations are applicable to any child regardless of whether he or she is exhibiting supernatural gifts.

Q: Is this the first book you have written?
A: No, I am a ghostwriter and I’ve written books for many clients. The Sid Series is the fourth print book I’ve published. I’ve published fifteen e-books.

Q: How long did it take to write this book? Any interesting tidbits about your writing method or how the book developed?
A: The twelve stories were written individually as they evolved over a period of five years. Other than write them, I wasn’t sure what I was supposed to do with the stories. I drew a few sketches just to let out some creative steam and make the book more enjoyable for Sidney. He loved the fact that I was writing stories about him. By the time he was seven, he became my co-writer as he dictated stories to me as I typed.

Sid represents a group of crystal kids who are coming into this earth plane already having supernatural powers and spiritual intellect. He communicated with me telepathically from the time he was born. I would sense his spirit around me even when he was not physically present. He would be on my mind so much some days that I would call his mom, Amanda, to see what was up. These were usually the days Amanda said that Sid had been calling my name, or talking to her about me, or asking to come see me. Amanda has been a strong spiritual influence in my life, and the perfect mom for a crystal kid.

At about age nine months, Sid clearly and repeatedly spoke the name Hannah for several hours while he was with me. I finally called Amanda and asked “Who is Hannah?” She said, “Hannah is a baby who needs prayers of protection.” She and I prayed for Hannah. Later that week, we learned that family and children’s services had taken Hannah from her abusive mother. Sid shocked me by channeling his higher self when we were driving down the road. He was about three years old at the time. In mid conversation, his mannerism changed and he began to speak with the vocabulary of an adult and told me that he was the soul who had tried to be born through me when I miscarried in 1979.

You’d better believe that got my attention, but it did not scare me. I’ve had some unusual spiritual experiences myself! I’m thankful to have the ability to understand and direct Sidney in the development of his spiritual gifts.

Q: How did you publish your book? Tell me about your publishing experience and what you learned from it.
A: I self-published The Sid Series through my own publishing company, Write On!, and used Lightning Source to print the book. This gave me distribution through Ingram. I learned that I needed to print out the book before uploading my files. When my proof copy came in the mail, I couldn’t believe how many formatting and layout errors it contained. I had to get hold of my graphic designer and have something changed on nearly every page.

Q: Where is your book available? Do you have a Web site or blog where we can learn more about you or your book?
A: People can read more about each story, view an excerpt in flip book style, and click the link to purchase on my Web site: http://TheSidSeries.com. The purchase on Amazon link is http://tinyurl.com/AmazonSidSeries.

Q: Tell me some ways you have promoted your book. Give examples and links to any sites you feel might help other authors.
A: This blog tour is the main way I am getting the word out, but I’m using Twitter, Facebook, email, my newsletter, my own blog, Shelfari, Goodreads, and other social networks to drive traffic to the blog stops. I am available to answer other questions anyone has about the book, my grandson, spiritual gifts, and my writing, publishing, and marketing experience.

Q: Any other comment you would like to share?
A: I want to encourage parents and teachers who have crystal children like Sid to learn all you can about the gifts these kids are bringing in and help them learn to use their power to create a better world.

Yvonne Perry is a freelance writer, editor, and the author of The Sid Series. She is the owner of Writers in the Sky Creative Writing Services based in Nashville, Tennessee. Yvonne and her team have written/edited more than forty books for a variety of clients on many different topics. They also write articles, biographical sketches, resumes, book proposals, query letters, and business documents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would like to personally respond to your comment. I will post it as soon as I can review it.