Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Grandmother's House Has Too Many Spirits!

http:My nine-year-old grandson, Sidney, spent the past weekend with me. We went to Nashville Shores to enjoy the water park on Monday. I didn't realize how noisy the ghosts are at my house until Sidney reported their activity to me.

Awaking on Sunday morning after having slept in the living room, Sidney said that he had trouble sleeping and was awake until 1 a.m. I thought he meant that he stayed up playing video games on his PSP3 but he said the batteries were dead and he forgot to bring his AC charger.

Then, the truth came out. He couldn’t sleep because he kept hearing spirits in my office.

"They were typing on your computer and messing with the printer," he said.

“Sorry about that,” I said. “You know they won’t hurt you, right? They are just curious.”

“I know they won’t hurt me," he said. "I just wish they could be curious during the day and let me sleep at night.”

The second night, Sidney came to my bed about 1 a.m. and said, “I can’t sleep. The spirits are at it again.”

I got out of bed and laid down with him on the sofa until he fell asleep. I didn't hear any ghostly activity so the next morning, I tried to explain that what he heard was probably the A/C unit cycling on and off, or wood "pops" due to contraction and expansion when the temperature or humidity of a room changes.

“Nope,” Sidney said. “I heard the pops and the air conditioner, but the spirits were in the kitchen this time. I heard them pour a drink and set a glass on the counter.”

When the slides at Nashville Shores closed due to lightning, we came home a few hours sooner than planned. I asked Sidney to stay one more night and go back to the water park again on Tuesday.

“No thanks," he said. "I’m calling my mom to come get me. I need to sleep tonight and your house has too many spirits.”

Thankfully, Sidney has support for his spirit vision. His parents and I understand his psychic abilities. If you are a caregiver for a child who possesses spiritual sight, you will benefit from reading Dr. Caron Goode's book, Kid Who See Ghosts: Guide Them Through Their Fear.

If you are interested in more ghost stories like this one, you might enjoy my book More Than Meets the Eye, True Stories About Death, Dying, and Afterlife.

There is a story in The Sid Series about kids who see ghosts. Purchase The Sid Series on http://tinyurl.com/AmazonSidSeries











Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would like to personally respond to your comment. I will post it as soon as I can review it.