Tuesday, June 1, 2010

TerraCycle

“Old Things New” is one of the stories in The Sid Series. It teaches children the importance of recycling. My step-daughter sent me some information about a great way to turn trash into treasures.

To those of you who would like to join me in this new recycling thing I found, here's the info. The website is called TerraCycle (http://www.terracycle.net/brigades). You can save brand name trash and mail it in for them to turn into new products like a purse made from juice pouch bags, etc. All of the money raised goes to a charity of your choice. I chose PKD Foundation because my step-grandson has a kidney disease. TerraCycle will send you labels to add to your own envelopes filled with the "trash" so you don't have to pay for shipping. Just think of all the material we can keep out of landfills and how much we can help deserving charities with our small effort.

I am going to start saving today and I will let you know how it works out. Please forward to anyone you may think may be interested.

Yvonne Perry,
Author of The Sid Series

Bookmark and Share
Purchase The Sid Series on http://tinyurl.com/AmazonSidSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would like to personally respond to your comment. I will post it as soon as I can review it.