Saturday, September 4, 2010

Who Are Our Teachers?

It's time for kids to go back to school and I certainly trust that each one will have a safe and enjoyable learning adventure this year. I was reminiscing today about the years when I taught preschool for a mother's day out program back in the 1990s. I wonder what those students--now adults--are doing, what they look like, what has transpired in their lives. I am reminded of how important it is to realize that we are all teachers in some respect and that we have a lasting impact upon others--even those who are only in our lives briefly. I still remember some of the teachers I had in elementary, middle, high school and college. I carry some part of them with me always.

My reading in A Course in Miracles today was about about teachers. There is not a single person from whom we cannot learn. By the same token, there is no one whom we cannot teach. It's impossible for us to meet or come into contact with every person on the planet; that's why there are so many teachers and so many kinds of teachers--in fact, we are all teachers and students in this world.

So I ask, "Who are our teachers?" Perhaps I should ask, "Who is NOT our teacher?"
As parents, caregivers, and instructors, we all have a responsibility to be aware of the example we set for the young ones in our lives.

Bookmark and Share
Purchase The Sid Series on http://tinyurl.com/AmazonSidSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would like to personally respond to your comment. I will post it as soon as I can review it.