Saturday, October 23, 2010

Should All Kids Go to College?

One of the stories in The Sid Series, "You Can Be," is about making decisions regarding one's mission and purpose in life. I believe that kids should be allowed to follow their inner guidance and learn to use their intuition as a tool.

“My child will be going to college. He will not have a choice in the matter.”

“My daughter will attend college if I have to walk her to the door of her classes myself.”

I have heard these statements and many others like them from my friends and other random parents I encounter every day. I would like to offer a different message to my children, and it is as follows: YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO COLLEGE! Read more of Sarah Moore's thoughts on allowing kids to decide their own destiny and career.

Bookmark and Share

Purchase The Sid Series on http://tinyurl.com/AmazonSidSeries

1 comment:

  1. Going to college isn't always the best decision for every youngster... I mean education is important, but children themselves must choose the way to educate themselves and how they can do it. It's more important to encourage youngsters to develope their skills, their knowledge, etc. that could be useful for them in the future. It's not a secret that the education in colleges and other schools is not enough for any real job, one needs experience and to improve his/her skills to be a real expert. That a diploma cannot do...
    According to my opinion, one of the best ways to help kids for that is to use good, inspiring books. I would like to share my personal experience: about 15 years ago I told the story of my 1st book Tale Of The Rock Pieces to 2 kids (they were the sons of a friend of mine), they were so inspired that to this very day they don't smoke, don't use drugs, they take a good care of their health. They even know much more about our flora and fauna than any other youngster in the neighbourhood, just because my story inspired them to learn a lot of interesting facts about animals and plants...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I would like to personally respond to your comment. I will post it as soon as I can review it.