Friday, February 11, 2011

Soul Groups and Heaven

Is heaven a literal place or a metaphorical term that represents an idea of utopia? Maybe neither; maybe both. My nine-year-old grandson, Sidney, recently gave me a profound description of what heaven is like.

According to Sidney heaven has many different places in which souls may choose to live upon leaving their human body. There is a place for those who follow Jesus and a place for those who pray to Mother Mary, and yet other places for those who adhere to different belief systems. The main thing is each soul is able to find comfort and explore new opportunities by visiting any part of heaven it wants.

This theory about heaven seems to confirm that whatever belief system or mindset we have in place when we leave the body is carried over into the afterlife. I spoke about this in my book, More Than Meets the Eye ~ True Stories about Death, Dying, and Afterlife. It also gives credence to my thoughts that heaven (and/or hell) is whatever we create in our minds. Just like our experience on earth, our experience in the afterlife can be anything we want it to be.

Sidney’s insight is also in line with a verse in the Bible (John 14:1-3) where Jesus said, "In my father's house are many mansions. I go to prepare a place for thee. And where I am, there you may be also.” John 17:24 records Jesus as saying, "Father, I want these whom you have given me to be with me where I am."

Whom you have given me? Is it possible that some soul groups belong to Jesus and others “belong” to different ascended masters? Maybe we are students assigned to classrooms and these masters are our teachers this semester of life. Definitely food for thought.

We have the ability to make choices while in the body. From what I’ve read about people who have died and come back (near-death experience), free will and consciousness continue after a soul leaves the body. It’s more than a theory that disembodied souls are able to visit humans. I share that experience with many others who report seeing, hearing, sensing, and interacting with ghosts.

Whether heaven is a literal place or not, it is still comforting to know that we can be with the ones we love in the afterlife.

Bookmark and Share
Purchase The Sid Series on http://tinyurl.com/AmazonSidSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would like to personally respond to your comment. I will post it as soon as I can review it.